Friday, October 19, 2012

Dr. Brian Durie Discusses Nutrition

All organic except the beef,
which is 100% grass fed.
Dr. Durie is a well-known expert in myeloma, always up to date with the newest trial results, treatments, and diagnostic tools. In a way he is the doctor of all of us, through the International Myeloma Foundation.

Now he has done it again. Though he claims not to be an expert on nutrition, he gave a very up-to-date and on-point discussion of modern anti-cancer nutrition in his October 11 teleconference Living Well with Myeloma - 10 Steps to Better Nutrition. Click that link to get both the audio of his teleconference talk and a PDF file of the slides that go with the talk.

Proper nutrition, exercise, and sleep - these are ways that we myelomiacs can improve our own quality of life and even the course of our own disease. Dr. Durie's talk is a wonderful start.

Breaking News:

On October 18, Dr. Durie published a blog post responding to some of the questions raised in his teleconference talk. Also recommended reading.

Be fit, be strong, be well.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Don,

    I apologize for posting this on your blog, I just didn’t know how else to contact you. My name is Linda and I’m the production assistant for an online health community called (www.wegohealth.com ). I came across your blog while doing some research into the online Blood Cancer community. I was so impressed with the great resource you have created for the greater Blood Cancer community.

    Just wanted to drop you a quick note because we recently launched a new video platform called WEGOHealth.tv and are in the process of building a Blood Cancer Channel featuring the advice, information and wisdom of Health Activists like yourself. I think you would be an excellent addition to the channel and I would love to chat with you about possibly creating a video with us!

    Please check out our site; http://tv.wegohealth.com/ and get back to me at your convenience if you have any interest.

    I know this note is a little out of the blue and I understand if it’s not something you would be interested in, but I didn’t want you to miss out on the opportunity.

    Thanks,

    Linda
    Production Assistant
    WEGO Health
    Lindam@wegohealth.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda,
      I've been contacted by WEGO Health before, and I'd like to contribute, but to tell you the truth I just have too much on my plate right now. Thanks for thinking of me.
      Best, Don

      Delete