Lots of good people offered great suggestions regarding the heartburn (acid reflux). This formula has worked for three weeks in a row. After the worst heartburn of my life, now zero heartburn:
- I take the 40 mg of DEX with food at the Sunday evening meal, and the reflux happens (happened) Monday night.
- No food at all in the last few hours before going to bed Monday night. I figure two hours may be the minimum, although I have not tried less than three.
- No beer or other alcohol at all Monday.
- No chocolate after noon Monday.
- No coffee after noon Monday.
- Take a Zantac with dinner Monday night, but no other time.
- Take calcium citrate 250 mg twice daily every day. No other calcium works the same.
- Drink some extra water if there is even a hint of a symptom after dinner Monday night.
The sleeplessness on Monday and Tuesday nights has improved too - I guess my rickety old body is getting accustomed to the DEX once again. I'm still hyper on Monday and grumpy on Tuesday and Wednesday, but getting better.
It's not like I haven't taken this stuff before! My Mayo doc is hoping to get me down to 20 mg and reduce it from there if the new regimen does the trick, More about the new regimen in the next post.