CC-4047 is not a cure for myeloma, but it may become a very important tool in managing it and, I'm sure, a lifesaver for some who have exhausted other options. I hope that Celgene will do whatever it takes to get it approved soon - people's lives are on the line.
CC-4047 side effects for me:
- Bradycardia - my resting heart rate has dropped from about 48 to about 41.
- Slight reduction in red cell count and hemoglobin, taking RBC just below the reference range.
- Tinnitus from the aspirin that I take with the CC-4047.
Dexamethasone side effects:
- "Peppy" and not-so-peppy days, fitful sleep one or two days a week.
- Increase in belly fat - I'm pretty sure this is happening.
- Loss of muscle mass, especially quads - my running speed is declining.
- High blood sugar levels on "dex day," as measured with glucose monitor.
- Dex voice (tight).
I'm lucky, or blessed, in so many ways. Most important, myeloma has not yet hurt me. Aside from painless lesions inside three bones, I have no symptoms from the disease itself, and symptoms from the treatment are quite modest thus far. I wish that all myeloma survivors were so lucky, or blessed. Thank you for your prayers, and I offer you mine.
- My Myeloma A discussion of my myeloma, not very technical.
- My Treatment History Not technical.
- My Test Charts Graphic displays of several key test results over time.
- My Test Result Table Best with a wide browser window. Very "technical."
Free-range no-hormone no-antibiotic chicken, organic chard with dried cranberries, macadamia nuts, organic apple, organic pomegranate juice.