- Affordable access for as many people as possible;
- Elimination of the barrier of "pre-existing conditions; and
- Continued investment in research.
This is the right time, while health care is up in the air. The initiative now has two levels:
We write letters to our congresspersons and senators. It is made easy on this IMF web page: Enter your zip in Write to Congress, then on the next page, click "Write to ALL of your representatives with one click." Please do this. It is SO easy to do.
2. Meeting with our elected representatives:
This is the IMF's newest and potentially most-effective initiative. Senators and congresspersons all have offices in their home districts, and we can make appointments to visit them or their staff person. The IMF has scheduled two one-hour web-based seminars to teach us how to do this in a manner most likely to achieve a result:
- Tuesday, February 23, 1:00 pm EST (12:00 CST); and
- Thursday, February 25, 1:00 pm EST (12:00 CST)
To take part in the web seminars, email Meghan Pullarn at IMF or call 410-252-3457. She'll be glad to hear from you.