Monday, May 11, 2015

Day 21 of Cycle One

The trial specifies treatment doses on days 1, 8, and 15 of each 28-day cycle, the oral Primary drug plus dexamethasone (Dex) 40 mg.  I have taken all of those pills, and today is the sixth day after the last dose:
  • Myeloma results:  No information yet.  That's next week, on Tuesday, which is also Day One of Cycle Two.  Hope hope.
  • CBC Today: Good. White cell count is entirely normal, neutrophils especially, and platelets are above the bottom of the reference range.
  • Peripheral neuropathy:  Just before starting this trial I chanced upon a myeloma friend who had been on the same trial, but had to stop it because of painful neuropathy in his feet.  He said that it started with numbness.  I already have a slight numbness in my feet from prior therapies, so I have been very alert to changes, but so far have not felt any changes.  Fingers crossed.
  • Headache:  Yes, when coming off Dex, occasional and easily treated with naproxen (Aleve). 
  • Nausea, other stomach issues, rash, infection:  None.  I took one anti-nausea pill before the first dose, and none since.
So far this has been an incredibly easy regimen to take.

I'll post again when the myeloma results (IgG and M-Spike) are known.  The recent PET scan spotted a lesion in my T5 Vertebra, but I probably won't know the fate of that lesion for some months.

No comments:

Post a Comment